James Markert, author of The Angel’s Share, joins the show to share information about the first fictional novel based on bourbon that takes place in Twisted Tree, Kentucky on an old family distillery that was abandoned after prohibition.
- Talk about your brush with bourbon
- Let’s talk about The Angel’s Share, what’s the premise of the story?
- What are some distilleries where you got inspiration?
- Does it take a different kind of author to write something completely fictional?
- Do you have a fascination with the 1920’s gangster era?
- What does this book mean to you as you carve out a new mark in bourbon history?