Susan Reigler, Executive Bourbon Steward and author of multiple bourbon books, talks about her past as a food critic and shares how to pair food with bourbon and explains what it means to be an Executive Bourbon Steward.
- Your bourbon resume is impressive. Where did this all begin? It must have taken some sort of inspiration.
- How would you categorize yourself? We have bourbon historians. Do you consider yourself to be a bourbon enthusiast?
- I want to talk about food for a little bit because you must have a very refined palate. When was the last time you ate at a Red Lobster?
- Do you think food and bourbon pair well together because I sometimes find that i don’t get to experience the full flavor of a bourbon when i’m trying to eat my pepperoni stuffed hot pocket.
What dishes do you find are best paired with a bourbon?
- Any particular bourbon that works better than others?
- First off, give the listeners a quick explanation of what the James Beard Awards are and
what’s is like being a judge.
- Give us the top 5 restaurants that you need to eat at while you’re here exploring the trail
- What’s it mean to be an executive bourbon steward?
- We’ve been told that women have a better palate than men. I hear you have scientific evidence that it’s true.
- See all of Susan’s books on Amazon.com